How do we organise our activity holidays?
Flexibility is our byword - having found that the "one size - fits all" solution for the demands of an active family or group is not always appropriate. You can now can pick and choose exactly what you wish to do.
We supply the accommodation and the booking of activities with local professional guides, after that, it is over to you as a family or group to choose whether you wish to hire a car or be transported, wish to self cater or have great home cooked meals prepared, and how you want to spend your time
Summer - box clever and don't just lie in the sun on the French Riviera - leave the sun bunnies behind and enjoy the fresh air and calm in the mountains.
- The hills remain remarkably untouched - especially when your hosts are able to provide you with the best of walks - where you can catch sight of a cute little marmot or a short toed eagle.
- Superb choice of things to do - close to "home" in Berthemont there's rivers to dibble in, horses to ride, cats and sheep to pet..... jump in the car and the region offers the spectrum of outdoor activities - on two legs, wheels or four legs.
- Lazy days - guests can lounge in our six acres of land - or take a trip to the new "eco" natural water pool in Roquebillière where you can easily pass the whole day in the sun.
Winter - snow lovers thoughts turn to serious downhill stuff. Nice might not be a destination "must have" for winter sports but rest assured that the "arrière pays" justly remains a secret for residents on the Côte D'Azur.
- Come and play in the snow; snow shoeing - we love it - good value skiing at the small station of La Colmiane, with Isola 2000 and Auron for the more serious just over an hour away.
- The best thing - well - have fun ice climbing on the ice tower in Le Boréon, get close and dirty up with local wolves and enjoy inspiring views of the Mediterranean and Corsica whilst enjoying the snow.
- Sunny days - it is still possible to enjoy lunch sitting in the sun on the terrace outside your gîte - or take a turn around the museums in Nice, or enjoy the pizzazz of the Nice Carnaval and the Menton Lemon Festival - February fun.